Wednesday, February 18, 2009

not in kansas anymore

Well, after 32 hours of non-stop traveling I have finally arrived in the fair and ever-lovely Verona. Getting here was quite the experience. I began my trip by co-piloting the plane out of the Lake Clear Airport to Logan International. Then I continued on to NYC. Flying just over the city lent itself to some pretty awesome pictures of the empire state building, constructions from the worlds fair, and the new Mets Stadium. =) The flight from JFK to Milan was long but painless. Although I was exhausted, all that went away when I saw the first light of the day cast a rosy glow on the Alps just outside of Torino. I was absolutley blown away. I finally arrived in Milan and enjoyed a trainride through the country-side to Verona. The views were spectacular with bluebird skies, snowy white mountain peaks and vineyards all around. Verona is a delightful city and I cant wait to get out and explore it. I have met some wonderful people so far on my trip that have made the travel time go by that much faster. To them, I am eternally grateful. Carnival starts on friday here in Verona and I am eager to see what its like. I cant wait to see how European carnivals differ from Good Ol' SL's version.

No comments:

Post a Comment